Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Supersonic Appearance

Supersonic Appearance 8 years 1 month ago #11552

• ajsmith
Great stuff GedKen, always good to see some footage new to YouTube.

Another recent video is a short clip of Steve talking at the Liverpool Institute for Performing Arts:

Please login/register to post on the forum.

Supersonic Appearance 8 years 1 month ago #11553

• DaveM
Two great videos, do you know if there is any more of the liverpool interview for us to see

Supersonic Appearance 8 years 1 month ago #11554

• GedKen
Thanks for that clip aj. I recently completed a short (online) course on songwriting (out of curiosity!). Although it said it would not go into music theory it was still a dizzying array of information on scansion, metre, scales and so on. To quote an old advert 'I never knew there was so much in it!'. Hats off to songwriters everywhere.

I emailed LIPA asking if they would upload the whole masterclass onto Youtube. I would love to hear more.

PS - the online course is on a website called Futurelearn which is run by the OU - heaps of short courses on there for the curious-minded.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , gill m

Supersonic Appearance 8 years 1 month ago #11555

• gill m
hello gedken,
thank you for the tip about futurelearn. had a quick browse at the site and think I've found just the thing for me. however, i was just wondering how easy something like online learning would be for someone(ok,me)with limited computer skills.
regards
gill

Supersonic Appearance 8 years 1 month ago #11558

• GedKen
Hi gill m, it is pretty straightforward really, they dice the weekly sessions into easy to follow bite-sized chunks and the info. comes across in short videos (3-4 minutes) and written sections (some of which can be saved as pdfs). They have online facilitators as well if you need any help as you go along. You can leave a course at any point as well if you feel it wasn't what you were looking for. Jump in and give it a go!

Supersonic Appearance 8 years 1 month ago #11559

• ajsmith
I emailed LIPA asking if they would upload the whole masterclass onto Youtube. I would love to hear more.

That's great GedKen, it will be interesting to see what the response is. I'm sure the masterclass was very insightful so the more footage the better.
  • Page: